Simplest jQuery Slideshow
About Front Range Woodturners
We are the Denver area chapter of the AAW (American Association of
Woodturners) serving Woodturners throughout Colorado's Front Range.
We help Woodturners gain experience by providing monthly demonstrations with
Professional Turners, a library, mentoring, a Ladies group (Ladies of the
Lathe) and Youth mentoring, etc.
Everyone is welcome to join us at one of our
monthy meetings to see what we are all about.
Our Next Meeting
We meet on the first Tuesday of every month from 6:15 to 9:00 PM in the basement of Rockler Woodworking and Hardware.
Visitors and new members are always welcome.
Tuesday, May 1st
Our demonstrator for May is Jason Clark from Chicago. Jason was a demonstrator at the AAW Symposium in Kansas City last year where Dennis and Pat Scott met him.
Jason has also demonstrated at:
- American Association of Woodturners International Symposium, Kansas City MO - 2017
- Quad Cities Woodturners, Moline IL - 2016
- SOFA Chicago, Chicago IL – 2016
- Central Illinois Woodturners, Bloomington IL - 2016
- Inland Northwest Woodturners, Spokane WA - 2016
- Desert Woodturning Roundup, Mesa AZ – 2016
- SOFA Chicago, Chicago IL - 2015
- American Association of Woodturners International Symposium, Pittsburgh PA - 2015
- Arizona Woodturners Association, Phoenix AZ - 2007-2015
- Southern Arizona Woodturners Association, Tucson AZ - 2010-2012
- Peaks Woodturners, Flagstaff AZ - 2012
- Woodcraft Guild, Idaho Falls ID - 2012
- Prescott Area Woodturners, Prescott AZ - 2009-2011
For those that are not familiar with Jason Clark or his work, you can visit his website at www.jtcturning.com
Demo Description:Interactive Saturn Bowl.
Interactive Saturn bowl. Attendees will see a short presentation of some of my work as well as a preview of the evening’s projects. I will demonstrate my process for turning a small bowl with a wide flat brim that rotates around the rim of the bowl. A jig will then be made to aide in one or more offset rings to be cut free so that they can rotate around the bowl.
Denver Hand's on Class: On Wednesday, May 2nd, Jason will be teaching a hands-on class at Rockler. There are still some openings left. The cost of the class is $125 - please contact Pat Scott for information.
Class Description: The all day class consists of two “projects”:
- 1). Several multi axis spindles followed by a multi-axis lidded box with a twist.
- 2). Ultra thin parting tool which will then be used to create a Saturn bowl.
Many thanks to the April Clean Up Crew Volunteers: Finn Agenbroad and Bruce Perry.
The May Clean Up Crew is: Danny King, Gary Watkins, and Dana Seymour (his 2nd time this year!).
There were three new members in April!
- Jim Eddy
- Scott DeWeese - Referred by Any Boudreau
- David Downs - Reeferred by Dave Hawley
The April Newsletter is now avaliable.
The turning challenge for April was Basket Illusion. The winners were:
Beginner: Robyn Herman
Intermediate: Scott DeWeese
Advanced: Gene Wentworth
The turning challenge for May is Anything With a twist.
Everyone is encouraged to bring in a turned piece to share in the Instant Gallery, regardless of the turning challenge for that month.
The form for entering a piece in the show and tell of challenge is available as a single entry, or double entry form.
Have you heard? We have a couple of Facebook pages!
FRWT Facebook Page
Front Range Woodturners facebook page has information about upcoming events, pictures of demos, and other general information about our club. Be sure to follow us!
LotL Facebook Page
Ladies of the Lathe also has their own facebook page with pictures of their events and notification of upcoming sessions!
Note: trouble reading an item's description, click the "Agenda" tab for a better view